Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inspired by Becky

Well, well, well. I never expected I'd create a blog, but when a best friend of mine started one, it kind of inspired me. I (always) have a lot to say and not many people who care to listen, so maybe this will be a good thing to have.

A lot of what I think and talk about pertains to equality, feminism, peace, woman's issues, the media, and our everyday (damaging) language. Notice above I used the F-word. Yes, I am a feminist. Don't like it? Stop reading right now. But please, please, please don't think that just because I am pro-woman means I am anti-man. Real feminists understand that the fight for equality can help men just as much as women. Perhaps I should say I'm a humanist? Anyway...

So, I graduated college in December (2009) with a B.A. in Communication Studies and a minor in Women and Gender Studies. The job search since then has been horrendous. First off, it's important to know I'm a climber. Rock and ice. I do a lot of mountaineering and alpine climbing as well. With that being said, I love my free time. Some of my mountaineering trips last up to 21 days. Who the hell is going to let me take off 21 days from a job? No one, that's who. So I suppose you could say I'm being a little picky with my job search, but in all honesty, no where is hiring, not even Starbuck's. I hate living in the real world. Like, a lot. More than a lot. I want to just climb, hike, and go to school forever. Either that or find my dream job. I want to work with women and that's all I know right now. I know I'm expected to know exactly what I want to do with my life, but really, I'm 22 years old. Bleh. I enough about jobs, it only gets me upset. I do plan on returning to school in 2011 to pursue my Master's (In what? I don't know). Maybe by then Justin will have won the lottery and I will never have to work. I can just climb forever.

I'm going to make sure I post lots of pictures, links, and quotes (I LOVE quotes). So be ready, blogosphere, I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment